Monday, June 15, 2020

Addiction replacement!

Addiction replacement is where you trade one addiction for another. For example let's say you get clean off drugs but then you start to get addicted to gambling that's addiction replacement. 

Here's a list of some of the things we replace our addiction with once we are off of drugs and alcohol. 

1.Eating- for some reason when some of us  are clean off of drugs and alcohol we have a sweet tooth and eat all the sugar we can to replace drugs. That's what happened to me. When I got clean I ate a lot of candy and drank a lot of sodas. 

2. Gambling- some of us resort to gambling because it gives us a rush like when we were on drugs. 

3. Sex- yet again it give us a rush as if we were using drugs again. I'm guilty of this one. 

4. Exercising- this is one that gets left out a lot cause some of us wouldn't expect it to happen. When going to rehab a lot of them have gyms or take you to the gym. We start working out and can't stop. 


5. Gaming- this one is also left out a lot also. I don't have much experience in this one due to the fact I'm not good and video games. But some people spend hours maybe even days in front of the TV or computer playing games ( sort of like the world of warcraft south park episode) 

This is just a list of some of the things we can trade our addiction for. I'm sure there's a lot more. Being an addict we are very susceptible to being addicted to anything that can take over our life. Even if it doesn't harm our body or could kill us. It is just best for us to do everything in moderation while we are in the early stages of our recovery. 

Thank you for reading this I hope it helped out and was informational. If you liked what you read hit the follow button. If you're on a mobile device and want to follow scroll to the bottom and hit desktop view and you should be able to hit the follow button then. If you have any questions feel free to email me. My email is on my profile. I'm here to talk to anyone who has any questions or someone who is just wanting to talk. 

Look out for my next blog it should be coming out sometime this week. Next time I will be going over songs that are about addiction. Again thank you for reading and have a great day and be safe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment