Friday, January 3, 2020

My first blog

Hello my name is Will. Im a 28 year old male dealing with mental illness and drug addiction. Over the period of this blog i will be going over a lot of topics such as depression, anxiety, drug addiction, and if you absolutely need to get help I will tell you what it's like being in a mental hospital. I am doing this with no editing tools or help from anyone. I will also be going over medications and my experience on them.

Mental illness is something not a lot of people want to talk about but something everyone has questions about. Now a days mental illness is more acceptable today than it was back in the day.

I am not ashamed to admit that I am mentally ill and a recovering drug addict. I've already told my story of my addiction on my facebook page and got a lot of positive responses. Many of us suffer from mental illness but need someone to first admitting to having a mental illness before someone else can talk about it.

A little bit about myself. My first encounter in a psychiatric hospital was at age 12. I first tried to attempt suicide when I was 19. I took 500 100mg ibuprofen. I was in a comma for 2 days. They thought I would have permanent damage from this but after being in the hospital for a week and running numerous tests I had no damage to any organs. Then they sent me to a psychiatric hospital for a week. Over the years since then I've had numerous overdoses and have been in one other comma. Over all I've been in 7 different psychiatric hospitals and been hospitalized close to 20 times in my 28 years.

My drugs of choice were cocaine, hydros, oxy, xanax, x, acid and also weed. Along with being in many mental hospitals I've also been in 2 drug rehabs.

My next blog i will dive into being mentally ill as a kid. I will tell you about what my parents went through and what I went through.

Also if you want me to discuss my experience with anything that has to do with mental illness just comment and i will try and answer everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment