Sunday, June 28, 2020

Jobs you can do if you suffer from a mental illness.

For people that have a mental illness sometimes it's hard for us to hold down jobs. Whether it's we're too depressed or anxious to go to work or our job let's us go due to us going to the psychiatric hospital too much. It can be very stressful on us. Also it can stress us out that we don't have a job. If you're in this position I hope what I'm about to say helps you. 

First before I get to it. If you do have a hard time holding down a job due to mental illness you may qualify for social security disability. I have an earlier blog I wrote that explains the process of getting that. Now back to the blog. 



Back in January I didn't have a job so I did some research.  Here are a couple of jobs you could do it you suffer from mental illness or are just looking for a job.  

These are jobs you can do where you'll be your own boss and you work when you want to work. 

What I did was find an app called favor. Favor is a delivery service. What it is once you download the app and sign up you can go pick up a card or have it mailed to you. The best part is you create your own schedule and work when you want to. Once you get your card you active it and turn on the app and you start getting calls to go to restaurants or grocery stores and pickup things for people. For example let's say I get one for chick fil a. I hit accept favor and then I head up to chick fil a and order the food, pay for it with the card they give me and deliver the food to the person's house. You get an automatic $2.10 for delivering it plus at least a $2 tip for your services. The tip can be more though. I've gotten a $15 tip before for one delivery. Note this is only for people that are in certain areas of Texas. Don't worry I will be listing other jobs for people that aren't in Texas. Also with favor make sure to keep all your receipts for your taxes next year. 

Another one I've signed up for is doordash. With doordash you sign up for the app. With this one there's no wait time for a card. Even though they do send you a red card but before you get it you're still able to make deliveries. This is the same as favor. You turn on to dash and start getting notifications for orders to pickup. The best part about doordash is that the order is already ready when you get to the restaurant. That means you don't have to place it like you do with favor. With doordash it shows you the tip you will get at the beginning and how many miles overall you will have to drive to the restaurant and to the customers house. This one can be less stressful than doing favor. Also the pay is better on this one. With this one you also make your own schedule and work when you want to. 

The last one is Uber eats. I just recently signed up for this one and have only been doing it for a couple of weeks. It's the same concept as doordash. You turn it on and once you get a notification you go to the place. The order should already be ready and you pick it up. Then you take it to the customers house. Again with this one you make your own schedule and work when you want to work. 

From my experience of doing this it takes a lot of stress off of me due to the fact that I'm my own boss and set my own schedule and don't have to worry about getting fired. The only way you can get fired from these jobs is when they deactivate you due to not delivering someone's food. 

Also with these jobs you will need to fill out and submit a background check with them. It only takes a couple of days to get back. 

Just to note that on doordash and Uber eats you can get 2 orders at the same time if they are both on the way to each other. You are able to decide one if that's too much for you.  Also you may be thinking "I can't support myself doing this"? Well if you put in the hours you can. I'm apart of some doordash Facebook groups and see people talking about make over $1,200 in a week. It just takes time and motivation. 

If you made it to the end thank you for reading. I hope this was helpful and could take some stress off of you. You don't have to do these full time if you don't want to. You can do them just till you find a regular job. These are just some jobs to make some money and ween you back info working if you haven't worked in a while. If you like what you read please hit the follow button. If you're on a mobile device just scroll to the bottom and hit web page view and then hit follow. Lookout for my next blog. It will be coming out real soon. Thanks for reading! Have a great day and stay safe everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. yes , this is very informative, i like the suggestions greatly and the exercise would help with my anxiety :X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I could be of assistance.

    ReplyDelete